Okay, I am sorry for disappearing for whole two weeks but I am back now.. and guess what? I have a new recipe to share. Well, not exactly new but it totally worth it when the weather slowly changing from fall to winter.
We all need to slow down a bit every now and then, de-stress and detox from time to time, and rejuvenate ourselves. Too bad our busy lives do not allow us to lay back and relax, breathe and enjoy as we want to. Of course vacation has its own essence but what can we do about our daily schedules!
As the sweater weather descends on most of us, taking hygge to a whole new level ( read: cosy blankets and socks, hot drinks and cuddles) I would like to share the recipe of Golden Milk with you guys…
Golden Milk or Turmeric Milk ( Haldi ka Doodh in Hindi) is known for the many remedies it provides, curing a lot of problems. I prefer it for relaxation. It helps with insomnia, relief from body and head aches and much more.
Turmeric Milk for relaxation:
- 1/2 cup of warm milk ( almond milk, if you prefer vegan)
- 1/2 cup chamomile tea, brewed
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch of ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 black pepper corns
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/5 nutmeg
You can use ready made spice powder, but I would suggest you to grind these spices on your own to more fresh and strong flavour.
Let’s make it:
1. Boil some water and prepare the chamomile tea.
2. Mix turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg into a mortar. Grind them.
3. If you plan to grind them finely, make a paste by adding a little bit of water from the tea to the mixture.
If you grind them roughly, add the grinded mixture to the chamomile tea and bring the tea to boil for strong flavours.
4. Pour honey into a cup and then add warm milk. Stir to mix well.
5. Strain and pour the spiced chamomile tea to the cup. Mix well.
6. Garnish with sprinkle of turmeric powder.
There are thousands of recipes for the Golden Milk but I prefer the added chamomile tea for better results. You may or may not add it. Trust me, it is better with it… a tried-and-tested formula. It is a perfect drink before going to bed. Your body feels relaxed inside and out.
That would be all for now. Do try this recipe and tell me how yours turned out… did you like it or not?
Until next time…